Tired of pounding the pavement, or worse, the belt of a treadmill? If you’re ready to take on some more challenges in your runs, tackling varied and challenging trails might be what you’re looking for!
Trail running is an easy sport to get into and requires minimal gear; however, it does require you to get the right pair of footwear. This is where Brooks trail running shoes come in.
When it comes to trail running shoes, you can never go wrong with Brooks trail runners and Brook Ultra! Designed to be flexible and lightweight, Brooks trail running shoes can help you tackle technical or mountainous terrain, all while offering comfort and style.
Not familiar with the Brooks brand, much less which trail running shoes to buy. Don’t worry! In this guide, we list down our top 3 recommendations when it comes to Brooks trail running shoes.
Brooks Cascadia 16
- Made in the USA or Imported
- Rubber sole
- Light and flexible, and fit with our Ballistic Rock Shield, a thermoplastic EVA sheath for protection against stone-bruising, giving you agility both on and off the trails.
- A breathable engineered mono loop mesh and 3D Fit Print upper, a soft Element fabric lining, a removable profile sock liner for underfoot support, a padded tongue and collar, and a BioMoGo DNA midsole.
- Easy to pull on and off with heel pull loops, these sneaks showcase a lace-up closure with a guard that keeps lace ends secure and tucked away and also feature a TPU Mud Guard for protection from trail debris
- Built with a rugged TrailTak rubber outsole that provides durable, sticky traction and features a structurally-supportive midfoot saddle along with an eco-friendly BioMoGo DNA midsole for long-lasting cushioning.
- Trail-specific Pivot Post System technology that supplies stabilizing suspension on both sides of the heel and forefoot and at the toe for a fifth pivot point.
If you’re a trail runner who’s looking for a stuffed, protective shoe that’s stable on varied terrain, the Brooks Cascadia 16 is for you! When it comes to Brooks trail running shoes, you can never go wrong with the Cascadia 16. Check out the best Brooks deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy Brooks Cascadia 16
- True to size
- Grippy outsole
- Wide toe box
- Gaiter attachments
- Lacing options
- Designed for long hauls on aggressive terrain
Reasons to Avoid Brooks Cascadia 16
- On the heavier side
- A bit stiff
- Runs warm
- Fit can be a bit sloppy
- Because of the composite hard rock guard shield which wraps around the toes, some users note that the trail shoe is uncomfortable in the big toe area
If you’re looking for trail shoes with a firm grip, a stable platform, and bright colors, take a look at the Brooks Cascadia 16. It’s true to size, very durable, and packed with features like a ballistic rock plate, lace loop, and enough upper-lacing eyelets to ensure a custom fit.
It also features a new midsole and outsole construction with unique release grooves, so the shoe molds easily to the ground, improving the stable ride.
The Cascadia 16 is for trail runners who want to explore and feel protected on changing terrain. The shoe is made to adapt quickly, so runners stay comfortable and stable.
These aggressive kicks are ready for adventure and are definitely one of the best Brooks trail runners out in the market today.
Brooks Caldera 5
- Made in USA or Imported
- Rubber sole
- Monoloop engineered mesh upper is a breathable and great fitting
- Lace-up closure for a secure fit with a padded collar and tongue for added support
- Supportive midfoot ghillies system for a secure feel
- Fabric lining
- BioMoGo DNA midsole and DNA LOFT cushioning for added underfoot cushioning without losing responsiveness
The Brooks Caldera 5 is a versatile, maximalist trail shoe that excels on varied terrain. Check it out today and find out if it suits your needs. Check out the best Brooks deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy Brooks Women’s, Caldera 5 Trail Running Shoe
- Maximum cushioning for underfoot comfort
- Reliable traction and protection
- Versatile on various terrain types
Reasons to Avoid Brooks Women’s, Caldera 5 Trail Running Shoe
- Fit can be difficult to optimize
- The narrow toe box is not ideal for long efforts
- Slow to dry out
One of the best Brooks trail running shoes in the market, Caldera 5 is Brooks’ maximalist trail runner that provides cushioning and protection underfoot for longer efforts.
The Caldera 5 takes almost a full ounce of weight off its predecessor to 9.4 oz. (10.6 oz. for the Men’s version) and is quite lightweight for a maximalist trail shoe.
Paired with the BioMoGo DNA midsole, this weight reduction makes this shoe feel springier and more responsive.
The Caldera 5’s protection, stability, and traction generally rely on a range of terrains – from the road to a rockier scramble. All in all, if you’re looking for a trail shoe that looks sleek and isn’t overly heavy, the Brooks Caldera 5 is a great option.
Brooks Divide 3
- Made in the USA or Imported
- Rubber sole
- Features a round toe silhouette, a breathable and lightweight construction along with cushioning for lasting comfort
- Crafted with a breathable and lightweight textile and synthetic upper, a comfy textile lining, and removable textile insole, and are set on a synthetic outsole
- Brooks Divide 3 sneakers boast a cushioned footbed that offers lasting comfort as well as a synthetic outsole with tread patterns that provide traction and durability while on the track or trail
- Easy to pull on and off, our Brooks Divide 3 shoes showcase a traditional lace-up closure with an improved fit to secure your foot perfectly in place
Take to your adventure to new heights with the Brooks Divide 3! With a familiar road-shoe fit, soft DNA LOFT cushioning, and performance trail features, this shoe provides a reliable ride for road-to-trail transitions and light off-road activities. Check out the best Brooks deals available right now
Reasons to Buy Brooks Divide 3
- Very comfortable
- Versatile for roads and trails
- Great for long days out
- Overall secure fit
- Broad toe box
- Stable on moderate trails
Reasons to Avoid Brooks Divide 3
- Ride feels flat
- Not for very technical trails
- According to some users, the forefoot rock plate is quite stiff for a “lightweight” rock plate
When it comes to Brooks trail runners, you can’t go wrong with the Brooks Divide 3. A lightweight and flexible trail running shoe, it can help you glide over rough terrain.
Moreover, it’s DNA Loft Foam midsole provides cushioning and protection, while its TrailTack rubber sole gives you a strong grip on all surfaces.
Engineered air mesh and 3D Fit Print upper Lace-up closure for a secure fit with a padded collar and tongue for added support Fabric lining Updated DNA LOFT midsole TrailTack outsole offer premium wet/dry traction.
If you’re looking for an entry-level trail runner, you should definitely consider the Brooks Divide 3. While it doesn’t have the bells and whistles of other shoes in the Brooks trail runners’ lineup, it does have the essentials: a superior fit and grip, all for a very budget-friendly price point.
The Bottom Line
If you’re in the market for some trail shoes, you should definitely consider Brooks trail runners! Offering a wide selection of footwear, you’ll definitely find one that best suits your needs.