When you think of fitness trackers, it’s hard not to mention Fitbit.
Try running around your go-to park or hitting your favorite gym and look closely – it won’t be long before you find someone wearing a Fitbit. Sales stats strongly back up the claim that it is one of the top fitness brands on the market right now.
From this uber-popular firm comes a promising product that goes by the name of the Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband. A successor to the Fitbit’s best-selling Charge HR, it is packed with new and improved features, and is available for a fairly economical price.
Charge 2 banks on Fitbit’s widely recognized optical heart rate sensors. And as what most health-conscious people know, a tracker that can monitor your heart rate is contributes a lot in giving you a clearer picture of your fitness status.
If you’d like to know why Charge 2 fares well in the market, this review is for you.
- Pure pulse continuous, automatic wrist-based heart rate tracking to better measure calorie burn...
- Maximize your workouts using simplified heart rate zones (fat burn, cardio and peak)
Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband Features
In this section, we are rounding up the best features of the Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband.
- It has product dimension of 8.6 by 0.9 by 0.5 inches, and has a product weight of 1.1 ounces
- As we’ve already mentioned, this product allows you to keep track of your heart rate. Its PurePulse technology is a reliable feature that shows you how’s the condition of your cardiovascular health while you do your fitness activities like jogging or working out
- From your own heart rate data, this fitness wristband gathers a simulated respiration rate. And based on this, its “Relax” feature can offer you your own personalized breathing sessions. This is Fitbit being more considerate of how you can counter stress and cope up with hectic, busy days
- It can automatically recognize your exercise activities and routines
- It has a GPS technology that gives you real-time pace and distance statistics
- This tracker can also send you call, text, and calendar alerts on its OLED display
- Compared with its earlier version, Charge 2 also has a bigger screen, which means you can monitor different fitness indicators all at once
- It comes with two band options – classic and luxe. You can interchange your bands depending on the occasion you’re going to
- Its FitBit app lets easily sync your data through wireless technology. It is compatible with over 200 iPhone, Android and even Windows devices
Below are some of the best advantages you can get out of choosing this Fitbit offering.
- If you’re someone with a more active lifestyle than the average person, this is a perfect match for you. Charge 2 has a multi-sport mode, meaning, you can easily switch to different fitness modes (e.g. running, biking, hiking) with just a few taps
- It also allows you to keep tab on your sleep duration and quality
- It has a long battery life, which can last up to five days
- Having swappable bands is definitely a major pro! Whether you’re heading to the gym or spending the night with your friends, simply interchange the band according to the kind of occasion you are partaking
- Its heart rate monitor is always turned on. This will work to your advantage if you really want to get a big picture of how fit you are at the moment
- Its watch-like buckle fit ensures comfort while wearing it
We’ve also included a portion where you can determine some of the cons of the products, as told by its users.
- It has a relatively bulky design compared with its rivals
- Like Charge HR, Charge 2 is still not water-resistant for showers and swims. It can, however, withstand a splash of water or two. Other than that, you might want to look for other products if you’re a frequent swimmer, or if you don’t want to take the device off even if you’re taking a shower
- Some users find the setup procedure for this gadget confusing
- Phone notifications, though available in the product, are still considered limited. They are also difficult to read
- Even if the screen is now bigger for this Fitbit product, it can still be quite sensitive to cracks
- Some further claim that the product has a poor customer service
If you are not in dire need of something that’s water resistant, the Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband can actually already make a great fitness-tracking buddy for you.
The all-rolled-into-one tracker is loaded with different features, most notably its ability to keep track of your heart rate. It can also give you customized breathing sessions, and can automatically recognize your exercise activities. Another major bonus is that it can help you keep an eye on both the quality and duration of your sleep. What’s not to be loved with this Fitbit gadget?
Check out these products related to Fitbit:
- Free 1-year Fitbit Premium trial for new Premium users with personalized guidance, insights and...
- Earn Active Zone Minutes as you progress toward your weekly 150 minutes of heart-pumping...
- Use built-in GPS to see your pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs, rides, hikes and...
- With Active Zone Minutes, feel a buzz when you reach your target heart rate zones during...
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and...
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand...