Whether you’re planning to go on a day hike with friends or about to tackle a more ambitious backpacking route, you need a good pair of hiking shoes to protect your feet.
After all, there’s nothing more miserable than trekking in wet socks and shoes after encountering a surprise stream crossing or walking the last few miles sporting painful blisters. You don’t want to find yourself on a more technical route with shoes that can’t handle it, either.
Luckily, most of this can be solved with the right footwear for you and your needs. And when it comes to high-quality hiking footwear, you can’t go wrong with Hoka hiking shoes.
Whether you’re in search of a lightweight option or something with extra ankle support for long-distance treks, this list will have you covered. Here, we list down Hoka hiking shoes womens, as well as Hoka boots for mens – this is your ultimate guide to a more comfortable hike!
HOKA Speedgoat 4 for Women
- Best for Trail Running; Rugged-Trail
- The updated mesh upper provides breathability
- 3D printed overlays provide additional midfoot support and lockdown for a more secure feel
- The gusseted tongue features strategic cutouts for breathability
- Lacing eye-rows contain a small winged component to ensure a secure fit
- The midsole features a new lightweight foam for a more responsive ride
- Wider forefoot offers a more stable ride and accommodating fit
- Vibram® Megagrip rubber outsole provides grip in wet and dry conditions
- 5mm “stepped” lugs offer additional support and stability
- Zonal rubber placement adds support and stability
Known for making quick work of technical terrain, the women’s HOKA Speedgoat 4 trail-running shoes deliver increased midfoot support and a more secure feel for surefooted fun off-road. It’s definitely a great choice for anyone looking for high-quality Hoka hiking shoes womens Check out the best HOKA® Speedgoat 4 for Women deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy HOKA Speedgoat 4 for Women
- Can handle a great range of trails from moderate to technical
- Superior grip
- Well-balanced cushioning
- Excellent toe bumper
- Made of a water-proof material, ideal for extremely wet conditions
- Provides excellent grip and traction on all kinds of terrains and surfaces
Reasons to Avoid HOKA Speedgoat 4 for Women
- While it can handle flat trails, it may be too bulky for that use
- Slightly heavier than the previous model
Named for HOKA Athlete Karl “Speedgoat” Meltzer, the HOKA Speedgoat 4 for Women is part of an award-winning family known for making quick work of technical terrain.
The fourth edition features a new breathable yet rugged mesh, as well as 3D, printed overlays for increased midfoot support and an overall more secure feel. Most importantly, it now includes a more accommodating fit in the toe box for a more comfortable ride.
This Hoka hiking shoes is an excellent maximally cushioned trail running shoe that offers superior traction, increased stability, and a comfortable fit, making it an excellent choice for every trail!
HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 8 Men’s Shoes
- Weight: 7.6 oz (W), 8.8 oz (M)
- Drop: 5 mm
- Stack height (heel/toe): 26mm/21mm (W), 29mm/24mm (M)
- A breathable engineered mesh upper keeps you comfortable when your run heats up, while the extended Achilles pulls tab makes the Clifton easy to pull on and gives it a subtle style.
- Engineered with HOKA’s early-stage Meta-Rocker for a snappy takeoff, the men’s HOKA Clifton 8 will power you through.
Maximum cushioning that’s dense enough to offer great responsiveness with a wide upper that allows for natural, stable footing – this is what the HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 8 Men’s Shoes has to offer. If that’s something you’re looking for in your Hoka hiking shoes, this one is perfect for you! Check out the best HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 8 Men’s Shoes deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 8 Men’s Shoes
- Excellent cushioning
- Comfortable upper with secure lockdown
- More versatile than the previous version
Reasons to Avoid HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 8 Men’s Shoes
- Uncomfortable arch support out of the box
- Slightly heavier compared to the previous version
The HOKA ONE ONE Clifton 8 Men’s Shoes delivers a smooth ride for miles and miles. HOKA updated the popular Clifton with a new, ultralight midsole foam that gives you a softer feel than ever before.
Moreover, they also extended the heel crash pad to create smoother landings and transitions. A breathable engineered mesh upper keeps you comfortable when your run heats up, while the extended Achilles pulls tab makes the Clifton easy to pull on and gives it a subtle style.
Engineered with HOKA’s early-stage Meta-Rocker for a snappy takeoff, the men’s HOKA Clifton 8 will power you through your runs and hikes!
HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7 Women’s Shoes
- 100% Synthetic
- Rubber sole
- The shaft measures approximately Ankle from arch
- Breathable open-engineered textile mesh upper with seamless synthetic overlays
- Breathable textile lining for abrasion-free wear
- Removable textile-lined, foam padded insole for cushioning and support
- Durable full-length EVA midsole to absorb shock and offer stability
- Durable synthetic sole with rubber inserts for grip
If you’re looking for Hoka hiking shoes with the most cushion, look no further than the HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7 Women’s Shoes. Giving you a maximum cushion for unrivaled comfort, this is definitely a great choice for hikers! Check out the best HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7 Women’s Shoes deals available right now
Reasons to Buy HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7 Women’s Shoes
- Plush cushion
- Versatile use
- Great grip on roads and light trails
- Comfortable and supportive ride
Reasons to Avoid HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7 Women’s Shoes
- Can feel quite big and heavy
- Tongue slips
The HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7 Women’s Shoes is one of the most cushioned shoes you’ll find. It’s great for easy runs, long runs, and jobs that require lots of standing or walking, and it even offers great grip on roads and light trails!
Hoka built the Bondi 7 on top of a massive bed of EVA foam for the softest underfoot feel, making it one of the best-cushioned Hoka hiking shoes around.
A lightweight mesh upper is smooth and flexible for a comfortable, natural feel, and HOKA’s signature early-stage Meta-Rocker delivers quick transitions from landing to takeoff.
So, if you’re looking for Hoka hiking shoes with the most cushion, look no further than HOKA ONE ONE Bondi 7 Women’s Shoes.
HOKA ONE ONE Mach 4 Men’s Shoes
- Weight (men): 227 g/8 oz
- Heel stack height: 29 mm
- Forefoot stack height: 24 mm
- Drop: 5 mm
- Outsole: Rubberized EVA foam, flex grooves
- Midsole: PROFLY, Early Stage Meta-Rocker, Swallow Tail
- Upper: Engineered mesh with heat-pressed TPU embroidered yarns, anatomical design for the Achilles, slightly padded gusseted tongue
When it comes to Hoka hiking shoes for men, you can’t go wrong with the Hoka Mach 4. An incredibly versatile shoe, the Mach 4 brings that plush comfort typically associates with Hoka, along with propulsive energy return for fast days. This is a definite must-have for hikers! Check out the best HOKA ONE ONE Mach 4 Men’s Shoes deals available right now
Reasons to Buy HOKA ONE ONE Mach 4 Men’s Shoes
- Lots of cushion and responsiveness
- Anatomical Achilles tab prevents tendon irritation
- Heel design helps with impacts on downhills
- Versatile option for all your training
Reasons to Avoid HOKA ONE ONE Mach 4 Men’s Shoes
- The outsole shows wear quickly
- Break-in period needed
- Laces are thin, too long, and come untied easily
Get excited for every run in Mach 4! Inspired by the propulsive speed of the Rocket X and Carbon X, the HOKA ONE ONE Mach 4 Men’s Shoes employs a harmonious blend of foams – merging an incredibly soft, lightweight foam on top with rubberized foam directly beneath.
The Hoka Mach 4 is a super stable, lightweight daily trainer that’s stiff enough for faster efforts and fits like a glove. Available at the budget-friendly price point, these Hoka hiking shoes definitely offers value for the runner that wants just one shoe that can do a little bit of everything.
HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR 4 Trail Running Shoes
- Weight: 7.40 oz
- Heel-To-Toe Drop: 5.00 mm
- Best for Trail Running
- Dual-layer mesh balances support, durability, and breathability
- Extended toe-cap coverage for added durability
- The internal heel counter provides support on all terrain
- Early-stage Meta-Rocker for a smooth ride
- Oversize EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning
- 4mm lugs provide all-terrain traction
- The podular outsole design provides stability on uneven terrain
When it comes to Hoka hiking shoes for men, you can’t go wrong with the Hoka Mach 4. An incredibly versatile shoe, the Mach 4 brings that plush comfort typically associates with Hoka, along with propulsive energy return for fast days.
This is a definite must-have for hikers! Check out the best HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR 4 Trail Running Shoes deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR 4 Trail Running Shoes
- Roomy toe box
- Comfort and cushioning
- All-terrain shoe – provides excellent grip and traction on all kinds of terrains and surfaces
- A great option for combination trail and road runs
Reasons to Avoid HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR 4 Trail Running Shoes
- Not the best option for more technical terrains
- Not toothy enough for deep mud
The HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Challenger ATR 4 Trail Running Shoes is a great neutral, all-terrain trail shoe. It shines on dry single-track trails but is now made to be even more comfortable on-road or gravel trails.
It’s well-padded, typical of Hoka hiking shoes, and has a lightweight mesh upper.
Often called Clifton for the trail, the Hoka Challenger ATR 4 looks even more like a Clifton with its cleaner, less busy look and more breathable upper. And like the Clifton 4, Challenger 4 is fast and light, offering a smooth, smooth ride.
Where it diverges from the Clifton and takes the path less traveled is in its multi-lugged outsole. Arranged closer together towards the heel for a smoother, more consistent ride, its lugs have a wider spread in the forefoot to help with grip on the trail and in wet conditions.
Still as versatile and supportive no matter the running surface, the Challenger 4 has improved upper durability in the areas you need it (like a larger toe guard area). Take it to the trails people!
The Bottom Line
Founded in France in 2009, Hoka is a shoe company that initially made its mark by building maximalist shoes – shoes with a thick slab of foam underfoot. Today, Hoka has a broad range of shoes, including Hoka hiking shoes.
For our part, we created this best Hoka hiking shoes guide to highlight the best options in their extensive product line and help you, our readers, (really anyone who likes Hoka running shoes) find the best option for their feet.