Hiking has a different meanings to different people, but it’s typically associated with a day trip away from the city where you can explore and experience the natural world.
That may involve facing uneven slopes, terrain, and obstacles in your path or a variety of trails from mud to crushed rocks. Of course, there’s also a more intense type of hiking that involves multi-day treks wherein people may cover dozens of kilometers, camp in the wilderness, and come across very challenging terrain that requires technical expertise.
Whatever type of hiking you go for, one of the most important things you need to prepare is a good hiking shoe. And when it comes to top-quality hiking shoes, you can never go wrong with Nike.
Nike hiking shoes range from lightweight sneakers to cut-down hiking boots with all the technical features to cope with the most rugged terrain.
Not sure which Nike hiking shoes to get? Don’t worry! Below, we cover some of the best hiking shoes that Nike has to offer.
Nike Men’s Manoa Leather Hiking Boot
- Pull tab
- Embossed Swoosh
- Tongue decal with “Nike” and Swoosh
- Leather in the upper is durable and is designed to help keep out the cold and wet.
- Gusseted tongue is designed to help keep debris out of the boot while letting you mix up how you wear them—laced or unlaced.
- Round laces with metal eyelets are easy to grab with gloved hands, letting you personalize your comfort and adding to the rugged, outdoorsy look.
- The foam midsole provides lightweight cushioning that lasts.
- Rugged rubber outsole with large lugs delivers long-lasting durability and traction.
Looking for Nike waterproof shoes to wear on your hiking trips? Featuring crisp leather on the upper, a thick padded collar, and rugged tread, the Nike Men’s Manoa Leather Hiking Boot is perfect for you! Check out the best Nike Men’s Manoa Leather Hiking Boot deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy Nike Men’s Manoa Leather Hiking Boot
- Flexible and durable sole
- Excellent every day and hiking boot
- Easy to clean
- The leather has been treated to repel water
- Durable rubber outsole with a trail-specific pattern for long-lasting traction
- Good in all weather conditions
Reasons to Avoid Nike Men’s Manoa Leather Hiking Boot
- Can feel cramped and tight
- Some users have had issues with the sole separating within several months
The Men’s NIKE Manoa Leather Boot features rugged trail-ready inspiration and is ready to help you push through months of cold, wet days – and during those long hikes! – with a waterproof full-grain leather upper, lightweight cushioning, and a padded ankle collar for all-day comfort. The water-resistant leather upper is durable and keeps out the cold and wet.
Rock the streets with a rebellious, daring look with the Nike Manoa Leather boots! Ideal for city trekking or moving fluidly over difficult terrain, these casual boots shine in cold weather thanks to their unique features.
Nike Men’s Pegasus Trail 3 Running Shoe
- Weight: 321.4g (approx.) (Men’s size 9)
- Offset: 9.5mm (Forefoot: 15mm, Heel: 24.5mm)
- Rugged and Responsive. Find your wings with an off-road run. The Nike Pegasus Trail 3 has the same comfort you love, with a design that nods to the classic Pegasus look. Nike React foam delivers responsive cushioning while tough traction helps you stay moving through rocky terrain. More support around the midfoot helps you feel secure on your journey.
- Look of an Icon. A traditional collar and tongue bring the classic look of Pegasus to the trail. The shoe features responsive cushioning and support in the heel. Mesh in key areas on the upper makes it breathable.
- Secure Fit. A dynamic band system around the midfoot gives you secure support as you tackle uneven paths.
- Rugged Traction. The rubber sole features a shockwave-like pattern that mimics mountain-biking tires. Nubs give you traction and a smooth ride between trails and the road. More traction at the heel and toe help you stay secure when going up or downhill.
- Responsive Stability. Nike React foam from heel to toe provides responsive and stable cushioning for comfort and smooth transitions on rocky terrain.
When it comes to Nike hiking shoes men’s, the Nike Men’s Pegasus Trail 3 Running Shoe is definitely a good choice. Jam-packed with useful features and available at a budget-friendly price point, The Pegasus Trail 3 is a great companion to your hikes. Check out the best Nike Men’s Pegasus Trail 3 Running Shoe deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy Nike Men’s Pegasus Trail 3 Running Shoe
- Comfortable, fast ride thanks to react midsole
- Great execution of a ‘road-to-trail’ hybrid model shoe
- Maximum cushion
- Works great both on and off-road
Reasons to Avoid Nike Men’s Pegasus Trail 3 Running Shoe
- Doesn’t always provide appropriate traction on wet and slippery surfaces
- No loop for the gaiter attachment
- Low versatility
Find your wings with an off-road run! The Nike Pegasus Trail 3 has the same comfort you love, with a design that nods to the classic Pegasus look. Nike React foam delivers responsive cushioning while tough traction helps you stay moving through rocky terrain.
More support around the midfoot helps you feel secure on your journey.
When it comes to Nike hiking shoes, the Nike Trail Pegasus 3 is a versatile shoe that both a beginner and experienced trail runner and hiker can appreciate. It works great both on and off-road with a comfortable ride that can go the distance.
NIKE Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7
- Weight M: 10.4 oz (295g), W: 8.7 oz (246g)
- Stack Heights: 30mm heel / 26mm forefoot
- Offset: 4.5 mm drop
- Nike React technology is a lightweight and durable foam that delivers a responsive ride.
- A Zoom Air unit in the forefoot provides extra responsiveness, returning your energy to help guide you down the trail.
- Multidirectional traction lugs in the heel are made from high-abrasion rubber.
- They help provide an enhanced grip on descents and ascents.
- Mesh in the upper delivers a lightweight feel and enhanced ventilation.
- A Dynamic Fit System through the midfoot helps hug and support your foot as your run through rocky conditions.
- The rock plate at the heel helps shield your foot on rough terrain.
- Slim, the cushioned collar provides soft comfort and a streamlined look.
- A padded tongue helps relieve pressure caused by foot swelling over long runs.
Excited to go hiking but don’t have the right footwear? Among the many Nike hiking shoes out in the market, one we’d recommend is the NIKE Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7! The Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 has more cushioning and protection to take on the most technical terrain. Check out the best NIKE Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 deals available right now
Reasons to Buy NIKE Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7
- Best for moderate trails, technical trails, rocky areas, through creeks and streams
- Provides good traction on most types of terrains and surfaces
- Medium cushioning
- Roomy yet has a secure fit
- Extremely flexible at the expense of some structure
Reasons to Avoid NIKE Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7
- Slightly heavier
- Not recommended for terrain above a moderate level
The NIKE Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 is a top trail and hiking shoe for fast and flowy trails. It has an outstanding balance of sensitivity and protection and offers a lot of cushioning.
The Terra Kiger 7’s highly durable rubber outsole brings you outstanding traction on even the toughest trails thanks to its rough, tire-like design. A Nike React midsole gives you superior responsiveness; meanwhile, the Zoom Air unit in the heel increases cushioning.
A Rock plate between the midsole and outsole protects your foot from stones and angles.
These shoes can take you from the pavement to winding single tracks with ease, though mountain runners may want a stickier rubber for running over exposed granite.
For everyone else (except those with the narrowest of feet), the NIKE Air Zoom Terra Kiger 7 is a worthy choice that we would not hesitate to add to our collection.
Nike PESASUS Trail 3 GTX
- Rubber sole
- A GORE-TEX layer helps keep out water and your feet dry. An additional gaiter at the collar keeps extra debris and water from getting inside your shoe.
- A dynamic fit band system through the midfoot gives you secure support as you continue on your trek.
- The rubber outsole has a shockwave-like pattern for a fast look inspired by bike tires. Nubs give you traction between trails and the road. More traction at the heel and toe helps with grip when going uphill or downhill.
- Nike React technology is a lightweight, durable foam that delivers a smooth, responsive ride. Its full-length design gives your foot stability as you brave rocky terrain.
- Traditional collar and tongue bring the classic look of Pegasus to the trail.
The Pegasus Trail 3 GTX is your workhorse with waterproof wings, made to take you from road to trail and back again, whatever the weather. Take your hikes to even greater heights with these Nike hiking shoes womens! Check out the best PESASUS Trail 3 GTX deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy Nike PESASUS Trail 3 GTX
- Great for road-to-trail transitions and hiking
- Stable on rocky terrain
- Supports moderately flat feet
- Straight-out-the-box comfort
- Lighter than other GTX shoes
- Locked-in heel
- Fantastic waterproofing
- Grips on everything dry and wet
Reasons to Avoid Nike PESASUS Trail 3 GTX
- Lacks durability
- Lack of traction on wet surfaces
Dubbed the workhorse with wings, this Pegasus Nike hiking shoes is perfect for runners looking for a waterproof shoe that’s also versatile and can handle road-to-trail transitions and trail hikes.
The Nike PESASUS Trail 3 GTX is a solid all-rounder that’ll suit most runners and most situations. Its design is uncomplicated, but it works, with a comfortable fit and thoughtful design features like a tough toe bumper, rear tab, and gusseted tongue.
The midsole foam is particularly impressive, giving an excellent ride, and the lugs give decent traction on rough surfaces.
Whether you’re looking for something a bit sturdier for on the run-commute to work, a more cushioned ride for your daily runs, or something comfortable to wear during your hikes, it’s a great go-to option that’s really versatile for a host of use cases.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to trail and hiking shoes, Nike hiking shoes are some of the best in the market.
Whatever type of hiking you go for – be it a simple hike through the woods or a multi-day trek – the abovementioned Nike hiking shoes are definitely worth checking out.