Hiking shoes are crucial to your performance and comfort on the trail, but this no longer means that you have to wear stiff and burly footwear that will weigh you down.
Today, the trend is toward lighter materials that still offer decent support and comfort, and waterproof boots are some of the most popular by far (some are offered in a non-waterproof version for hiking in dry or hot climates).
There are numerous brands offering hiking shoes out in the market today, but among our top recommendations are Vans hiking boots. While Vans is primarily known for their iconic Vans Old Skool shoes and Vans Era shoes, they also have a range of footwear suitable for trails and hikes.
Not sure where to start looking? Below are our top 3 recommendations when it comes to Vans hiking shoes.
Vans Men’s Hi-top Trainers Sneaker | Filmore Hi VansGuard
- Canvas, suede upper
- Cotton blend lining
- EVA midsole
- Rubber outsole
- Round toe
- Lace-up closure
- EVA footbed
- Water-resistant materials
- Double stitched upper for durability
- Sidestripe branding
- Reverse waffle outsole for grip in the elements
If you’re looking for Vans hiking shoes that will give you a superior ride as you hike up those trails, look no further than Check out the best Vans Men’s Hi-top Trainers Sneaker | Filmore Hi VansGuard!
With a round toe, padded collar, smooth lining, and a cushioned insole, this hiking shoe will definitely keep you comfortable throughout your hike. Check out the best Vans Men's Hi-top Trainers Sneaker | Filmore Hi VansGuard deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy Vans Men’s Hi-top Trainers Sneaker | Filmore Hi VansGuard
- Comfortable and durable
- No break-in period required
- Offers a lot of support
- Lighter than the previous version
Reasons to Avoid Vans Men’s Hi-top Trainers Sneaker | Filmore Hi VansGuard
- Some users commented that the soles are of poor quality
- The materials don’t wash well
Inspired by Vans Classic Sk8-Hi, the Filmore Hi VansGuard is a high top, vulcanized lace-up style with Vans signature side stripe, a round toe, a padded collar for extra comfort, a smooth lining, and a cushioning insole.
It features the VansGuard water-resistant outer materials and a Reverse Waffle Outsole for better traction.
The high sneakers Vans Filmore Hi VansGuard have the classic boot Vans design with Vans’ unmistakable sideband. It looks like an unmistakable style with great comfort, and can provide you with a great ride as you hike up those trails.
Vans Sk8-Hi MTE-1
- The MTE-1 comfort package uses a single-density UltraCush™ molded EVA footbed for enhanced comfort and reduced weight.
- The new MTE-1 HydroGuard™ Wrap provides a splash and puddle guard around the shoe and over the toe, resulting in a reliable, comfortable, breathable waterproofing system.
- The aggressive reverse waffle lug pattern on our MTE-1 outsole is ready for variable terrain and street performance. The lugged tread pattern features a siped tire-like design for increased traction.
- The zonal MTE-1 Primaloft® insulation package uses a high-quality microfiber thermal insulation system to mimic the warmth-providing properties of down, keeping you warm without retaining water.
When it comes to Vans hiking boots, the Vans Sk8-Hi MTE-1 is truly an excellent choice. Finished with durable water-repellent-treated leather uppers, the Sk8-Hi MTE-1 brings an iconic Vans aesthetic to uncompromising cold-weather comfort. Check out the best Vans Sk8-Hi MTE-1 deals available right now.
Reasons to Buy Vans Sk8-Hi MTE-1
- Comfortable and durable
- Made for all types of weather
- Fantastic on cold and regular days alike
- Very grippy
- The single-density UltraCush™ molded EVA footbed for enhanced comfort and reduced weight
Reasons to Avoid Vans Sk8-Hi MTE-1
- Subpar water repellency
- Frail pull tabs
Activity-inspired and purpose-built, the Vans Sk8-Hi MTE-1 builds upon Vans’ legendary high top with MTE-1 architecture so that you can stay protected from the elements with Van’s classic styling.
Delivering on a new promise of an all-weather shoe, this heritage silhouette features enhanced thermoregulation properties, the new HydroGuard Wrap for moisture management, a lightweight single-density UltraCush™ footbed, and our classic all-conditions rubber in a reverse waffle pattern for traction that keeps you covered from city streets to the uncharted outdoors.
Finished with durable water-repellent-treated suede uppers, the Vans Sk8-Hi MTE-1 brings an iconic Vans aesthetic to uncompromising cold-weather comfort.
Whether you find yourself on a rain-soaked hike or enduring the heat in your daily commute, you can set off with confidence knowing every stitch of your equipment is intentionally placed to provide ultimate versatility.
Vans Sk8-HI MTE-2 DX
- Rubber sole
- MTE 360 technology introduces a new polar fleece lining for premium hand feel and moisture management
- An all-new 100gm PrimaLoft insulation for added warmth along the entire upper.
- The Sk8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX also features an UltraCush drop-in molded sock liner, Achilles cushion, rubber toe cap, tongue and heel pulls, and an MTE 2.0 boot lug-all designed to take advantage of 20+ years of Vans snowboard boot history.
- It is made with water-resistant leather and textile uppers.
Vans MTE is back and better than ever with the Sk8-Hi MTE 2.0 DX! Brave the elements and enjoy a more comfortable hiking experience with its improved technologies, including a high-top design, padded ankle collar, and soft fabric lining integrated into the shoe to promote foot protection and support. Check out the best Vans Sk8-HI MTE-2 Shoedeals available right now.
Reasons to Buy Vans Sk8-HI MTE-2 DX
- Stylish skate-inspired winter shoe for cold-weather cruising
- Water-resistant suede upper fends off light precipitation
- The padded collar offers flexible support and comfort
- Reinforced toe cap for increased longevity
- The warm lining helps keep toes snuggled on crisp winter days
- The cushy midsole provides a close-to-board feel
- Vulcanized rubber sole delivers flexible traction
Reasons to Avoid Vans Sk8-HI MTE-2 DX
- Heavy on feet
- Fits wider compared to most Vans shoes
Experience a snow boot in a sneaker with the Vans Sk8-HI MTE-2 DX! With a classic heritage, these Vans hiking shoes are infused with weatherized product innovation.
It is designed to provide style and comfort in the middle of cold days. The Vans Sk8-HI MTE-2 DX is a manifestation that a shoe can be functional without undermining comfort and style. It showcases innovation and fashion.
Featuring the classic Vans hi-top silhouette, but boasting a number of design elements that step up its performance, the Vans Sk8-HI MTE-2 DX has earned a pretty solid reputation for itself as one of the best models to have been released by the brand.
The Bottom Line
While Vans isn’t really known for its more athletic footwear, they still offer a great range of shoes suitable for outdoor adventures. These Vans hiking shoes provide all the comfort, versatility, and traction you need as you go on those hiking adventures.